This section of our site was started in January of 2019. Previous minutes are on record with the Secretary. The Minutes shown here are in unapproved form so see subsequent minutes for official changes.
Executive Meeting, January 21, 2019, Sip Coffee Shop
Present: Sandra Phinney, Dan Earle, Sue Hutchins, Elaine Howatt and Barrie MacGregor
- Brief History: The history of the SW Paddlers was outlined by some of the long standing members.
- Public Comments: It was agreed that any comments made on behalf of the association would require the consensus of the executive.
- Informal Training: There was some discussion regarding the possibility of some informal training. Canoe – Marcel Comeau, Kayak – Anna Mallin.
- Agenda for future meetings: It was generally agreed that future meetings (starting in March) would include a presentation on canoeing or kayaking after dinner. As well, locations may vary. e.g. such as Anchored Grounds; Tusket Brewing Co. etc.
- Voyageur Canoe: Sandra reported that Canoe/Kayak NS had purchased a Voyageur canoe. A training session (and possibly a loan of the boat) could be set up in Southwest NS if there was enough interest.
- Professional Services: It was agreed that for our last gathering in May we could invite professional trainers and/or providers of paddling programs/services in the area. Matt Dulong, Becky Cottreau, Nancy Lacusta, Hantford Lewis. Also reps from Kayaking symposium and the Shelburne kayaking festival.
- Next Dinner Meeting: Elaine agreed to look into Marco’s as potential for the next dinner meeting in February.
- Public Information: It was agreed that a display be prepared for the Market on a Saturday in April.
Next gathering Feb 5th at 6:00 PM at location to be announced.